Saturday, July 4, 2009

Kissing a Career Good-bye

by Dee Newman

I must admit that when I first heard that Sarah Palin had resigned as Governor of Alaska, my first thought was – she running for president.

But, after I actually watched that strange and rambling news conference of hers, I realized that whether she realizes it or not, she is out of politics for good.

I felt like I was watching a public figure unravel right before my eyes. I thought – this woman is angry, scared, and extremely incoherent.

Admittedly, every time I have ever watched or listened to her speak I have questioned both her judgment and ability. But, what we all witnessed yesterday was not just another weird and painful performance that has become all too common and familiar in her political and personal life. No, what we witnessed yesterday was truly bizarre.

When the people of Alaska elected her to be their Governor they expected her to serve her entire term, that is, absent of some compelling reason to step down.

Perhaps, one day we will know the real reason, the whole story behind the ludicrous explanation she offered yesterday. But, at this point, with the truth unclear the consequences are not: Sarah Palin is no longer (if she ever was) a credible candidate for the Presidency of the United States of America.



Click here to read the entire transcript from the Governor's website.

No comments: