Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Corker and Alexander Vote No on Background Checks


Corker said: “I don’t understand why any senator wouldn’t want to debate these issues, but in the end, I will not support any legislation that violates our Second Amendment rights.”




Alexander said: “I voted against the so-called ‘assault weapons’ ban because it clearly infringes on Second Amendment rights, and I voted against the Toomey-Manchin amendment because it could easily evolve into a national gun registry.”

I consider both of my senators political hacks. 90% of all Americans, 80% of Republicans and NRA members wanted the very conservative Toomey-Manchin amendment on background checks to pass, and yet, my sentors voted against the amendment.

Shame on them!

The following is what President Obama said about the vote:




No comments: