Tuesday, September 29, 2009

YouTube Ad: Hold Max Baucus Accountable

The following ad will be aired in Montana and Washington D.C. by the  Progressive Change Campaign Committee and Democracy For America. The ad is aimed at Senator Max Baucus' (D-MT).

It asks the simple question, "Whose side are you on?"


My name is Bing Perrine and I live here in Billings, Montana, with my beautiful wife and baby boy. Last June, I collapsed because of congenital heart problems. I need open-heart surgery, but I have no insurance and no company will insure me.

My friends and family have been a blessing. With hearts as big as a Montana sky, they have helped with bake sales and benefits. But my wife and I still owe over $100,000 in medical bills.

None of this debt would have piled up if I had the option of buying into a public health insurance plan.
Private insurance companies need competition. They profit by denying care to people like me.

Senator Baucus, when you take millions of dollars from health and insurance interests that oppose reform -- and oppose giving families like mine the choice of a public option -- I have to ask: whose side are you on?

No comments: